Server encountered an error message when in admin dash

Moderator: areski

Re: Server encountered an error message when in admin dash

Postby american-amusements » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Perfect! first machine (at work :), at home fs_cli got a connection error :( ) worked first try! I am running to an issue on the second machine though. when it gets to the install-newfies.sh script, it doesnt come up with the purple/blue/whatever screen that asks for a mysql password, goes straight to the what host/username/password/database name portion. then since I didnt have a password set at the end of it it just restarts that portion. any ideas?

EDIT: also seems to be missing something called virtualenvwrapper.sh when booting / virtualenv in general (found it out trying to use sqlite. said a whole bunch of commands were unavailable and that it was missing. is that something I can just download with apt-get?)

edit2: I found this:
http://toranbillups.com/blog/archive/20 ... -on-ubuntu
I want to try the top portion but I'm afraid of screwing up my installation since on the machines I'm using it takes about 3 hours to get to this point in the process. and I've done it soooooooooo many times. My boss is getting mad.
Last edited by american-amusements on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
american-amusements

Postby areski » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:23 pm

That error happen if you try to run the script and you don't have root permission.
areski
Site Admin

Postby american-amusements » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 pm

wow your always so fast... thank you, will try that.
american-amusements

Postby american-amusements » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:28 pm

well im trying it in root... i also tried with sudo infront of bash install-newfies.sh
no luck
american-amusements

Postby areski » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm

I can imagine your boss is getting mad,,, I m getting mad here too :)

Taking a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04TLS, running the screen and you should not get any problem if you follow carefully the instruction.
Run the script as root user.
areski
Site Admin

Postby american-amusements » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm

hmmm... caught a glimpse of the nice little hints it said apt-get -f install and that seems to be going good so far... I wonder why it made a difference on this fresh install :(

i know free support is frustrating, I wish the boss wasnt such a cheapskate so i could actually give something back for all the help... do you guys have a donate button somewhere, I might make a personal donation because i know im probably being quite annoying with all these issues. first he asked me for one machine... now he wants 8.
american-amusements

Postby areski » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 pm

If you get it installed properly on one machine it should not be a problem on 8.

The system can scale very well and it s multi-tenant, so there is not need to install it on 8 boxes to my humble opinion...
areski
Site Admin

Postby american-amusements » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm

While the idea has intrigued me since I read when i was first researching that newfies works well in a cloud system, Im frankly VERY inexperienced with linux. I started this project knowing basically only how to install it, a small amount about how to log on as root, and had some basic dos knowledge that helped me be a little more familiar with commandline. I'm also not a real hardcore networker, I use google every step of the way, so the idea of trying to set up a cloud system of linux computers at my work network kinda scares me :? also I've had so many ?'s as it is, I cant picture it being very nice to ask how to set all that up too.
american-amusements

Previous

Return to Installation