Wont Call out!

Moderator: areski

Wont Call out!

Postby american-amusements » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Alrighty then, so heres what I've got going on:

I am setting up an autodialer system for work. I've (barely) worked with linux in the past, but am still pretty new. I was pretty proud when I got the whole installation of the the server (I'm running ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server with gnome added to it after the install). Anyways, its set up, i can type the host name from any computer in the network and access the front end. I've set up everything as far as I know correctly, including the dialer gateway (confirmed registered via sofia status), dialer settings, the voice program, the phonebook,contacts,campaign...... But it still wont call out or even make a request.

I've been through the troubleshooting guide,
I got celerymon but am not quite sure what I'm looking for.
I made sure all the plivo apps were running,
I've tried checking the logs but honestly have no clue what to look for other than something that looks like an error. My celery log is 35 mg, I was looking at line 21,000 and it was still loading the file before I gave up. I tried zipping all the logs and uploading them as an attachment, the 2mb limit kept me from adding the celery log.

I tried calling star2billing, and the man that answered walked me through reinstalling the front end, he was patient, but his solution didnt fix it, and when i called back no one answered. i figured they were probably out, since this was later in the work day US (Eastern) time, and I figured that the time zone meant it was late there(If I understand correctly it is managed out of europe).

I've even used my sip information on a browser based softphone to make sure the provider information was correct. It called fine, clear voice, etc.

I'm baffled. :cry:
I just need this set up since we run dart and billiard leagues, and once we get this set up it will save vast amounts of time calling players for scheduling/signups/etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as is the software. I cant wait to try it.

P.S. also ignore that the archive i uploaded says plivo logs, I was going to try and split the logs into different files to upload them but then I realized my troubles all lie in the fact that the celery log was too big, forgot to rename it,but all the other logs are in there.
Attachments
plivologs.tar.gz
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 825 times
american-amusements

Re: Wont Call out!

Postby american-amusements » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Name Type Data State
=================================================================================================
external profile sip:mod_sofia@192.168.1.72:5080 RUNNING (0)
external::example.com gateway sip:joeuser@example.com NOREG
external::callwithus-outbound gateway sip:xxxxxxxxx@sip.callwithus.com REGED
internal-ipv6 profile sip:mod_sofia@[::1]:5060 RUNNING (0)
192.168.1.72 alias internal ALIASED
internal profile sip:mod_sofia@192.168.1.72:5060 RUNNING (0)
internal::callwithus-outbound gateway sip:xxxxxxxxx@sip.callwithus.com REGED
=================================================================================================
3 profiles 1 alias

________________________________________________________________________________
this is what I get with sofia status, I tried even making an internal xml file not sure why just trying to figure out problems since there was an example xml file in there. btw is there any way to get rid of non useful example xml files?
american-amusements

Postby american-amusements » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 pm

messing around with it broke it more :(
now i get:

"Server Error

You've encountered an error!"

when i try to start a campaign. :( :(
american-amusements

Postby areski » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi

I just fixed this error, one of our requirement for Celery differed with Django-celery requirement.

Now you can retry the installation and it should be sorted.

Yours,
/Areski
areski
Site Admin

Freeswitch Issues/ Callrequests stuck at "PROCESS"

Postby american-amusements » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 pm

OK so, i reinstalled the entire thing, then had support look at it, apparently something was wrong in my plivo installation....... supposedly fixed it. but they couldnt test it because the reboot reset my ip. Fair enough as it is I think my good will with tech support over the phone ran out as I got an email with a link to price quotes. open source software needs to be funded somehow, understandable. I don't have a budget for it so I thought I'd ask my new problem on here.

So finally my call requests arent failing, now they are hanging at "PROCESS". I think it has something to do with freeswitch because now sofia status shows that my external profile wont register, i cant sofia restart reload xml because it says my external profile doesnt exist, and now i cant even originate calls anymore :( and to answer the immediate question, yes i do have the external .xml file configured and in the proper path. It worked fine until yesterday.
american-amusements

Postby american-amusements » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:00 pm

lol a reboot, and finally it calls out. now no voice or audiofiles will play through :*(
american-amusements

Postby areski » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 pm

areski
Site Admin

Postby american-amusements » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

lol, ive seen that page so much over the last week <exaggeration> my eyes are bleeding trying to find something i missed </exaggeration>
In all seriousness though, didnt help much as I've already done those steps many times.

it seems that similar posts have been solved by reinstalling plivo, but i get 404 when i try to wget it from the site you name in the fix. I then just reinstalled the version I already had. no luck

I did upload my new plivo logs to pastebin:

plivo-outbound:pastebin.com/amiCFrM6
plivo-rest:http://pastebin.com/v9hBsaen
plivo-cache:http://pastebin.com/nCS8te3q

I feel like I'm sooooooo close, and after about a week of trying to get this to work... ugh. still excited though. even if my brain does hurt.
american-amusements

Postby areski » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello,

You were talking about an error without giving any real information that might help us to help you.
Knowing where to find logs is the first thing someone needs to know if they intend to use a software.

I'm pleased to hear you are reading the documentation, we spent a long time writing it ;)
areski
Site Admin

Postby american-amusements » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm

yeah, I probably should have been more detailed, and you should be proud of your documentation, other than the fact that its not working for me, most of the steps were very clear and concise on setup. Thank you much for it. and the software in general. :D

Is there any other info I can upload that might help explain whats going on? I put the plivo logs up, and checked all my stuff is installed and running.. (fs/celery/plivo)

I'm about 100% its not freeswitch since i can hear the ivr lady if i originate a number, but past that I only know what I read in another post, and that is that plivo might not be started properly, which it appears to be started soo...
american-amusements

Next

Return to Installation