Is the System ready for production environment?

Moderator: areski

Is the System ready for production environment?

Postby cyvotel » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Wondering if the system is ready for production environment or just currently presented for testing purposes.
I really commend you guys for coming out with this awesome application as open source for trials and deployments.
The current system is well documented for starters and will need more info as regards the configuration of other features applicable to the system.
Example what is the default codecs, and other vital info that could assist us in contributing to the documentation and testing. Good Job guys.
cyvotel

Re: Is the System ready for production environment?

Postby areski » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks for your nice words!
Yes the solution is ready for production, it's a young software but it have a huge potential. The first stable release was a month ago : http://www.newfies-dialer.org/newfies-d ... -released/

Newfies-Dialer works on top of Freeswitch so a lot of things, like configuring gateways, defining codecs, need to be done on the Freeswitch configuration files.
The Freeswitch documentation is very rich : http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codecs

>> vars.xml file
The vars.xml file contains the the following right near the top of the file (line 59 and 60):
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G722,PCMA,PCMU,GSM"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=G722,PCMA,PCMU,GSM"/>
areski
Site Admin

Postby cyvotel » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification.
Can I use GUI(blue.box) for freeswitch and use it along side newfies-dialer and configure freeswitch for normal voip calls as would asterisk and freepbx?
cyvotel

Postby areski » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 am

Yes you can use bluebox or fusionpbx.
areski
Site Admin

Postby ramindia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

hi

Any document to work with FusionPBX, since i already have test box running, i do not like one more box install for newfies..

so suggest me the best installation method to work with FusionPBX
ramindia

Return to Installation