Limiting the number of Call requests

Moderator: areski

Limiting the number of Call requests

Postby aynema » Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 am

I'm having an issue with our newfies-dialer system. We had 100 Concurrent sessions from our Provider and after running various campaigns we worked out that about 130 Calls per minute allows us to sit at about 100 Concurrent calls but we've now upped out available sessions to 200 and also tried ramping up our calls per minute to 240 in test blocks but our provider can't seem to handle the number of call requests they are getting as it seems to have ramped up to 450 odd so there are a lot of rejections coming through.

I'm assuming the Max Frequency limit in Newfies is the limit on the number of calls per minute that it should be making but why would it be doing a lot more than that. I'd like to know why this would be happening and the best to mitigate the issue.

Our campaigns are set with a max Frequency of 180 & Max Retries of 3 presently
aynema

Re: Limiting the number of Call requests

Postby aynema » Thu May 30, 2013 3:53 am

I think I've managed to solve this somewhat.
I've added the following into the default.xml dialconfig to limit the outbound sessions to 180 which does somewhat solve the issue but we still have spikes from time to time.

Code: Select all
    <action application="set" data="destnum=${destination_number}" />
    <action application="bridge" data="loopback/context/zetta-cisco-1,loopback/context/zetta-cisco-2" />

<extension name="zetta-cisco-1">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="zetta-cisco-1">
                <action application="limit" data="hash outgoing zetta-cisco-1 170" />
                <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/zetta-cisco-1/${destnum}" />
        </condition>
    </extension>
    <extension name="zetta-cisco-2">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="zetta-cisco-2">
                <action application="limit" data="hash outgoing zetta-cisco-2 170" />
                <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/zetta-cisco-2/${destnum}" />
        </condition>
    </extension>
aynema

Postby areski » Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 pm

I wonder if it s still an issue but on Newfies V1 using rollback channel was producing double CDRs.
How is it going now ?
areski
Site Admin

Postby aynema » Fri May 31, 2013 2:47 am

We are still experiencing a lot of failures but with this limit we have increased the number off sessions we make.

Currently our campaign have been run with the following stats. Call time average is about 20s for most of our campaigns

Newfies Limit: Calls/Min: 220 Freeswitch limit: none = Peak Sustained Sessions ~120
Newfies Limit: Calls/Min: 220 Freeswitch limit: 170 = Peak Sustained Sessions ~140
Newfies Limit: Calls/Min: 210 Freeswitch limit: 180 = Peak Sustained Sessions ~150

So currently it's been a bit of Trial & Error to get a high call rate.

There are apparently a large proportion of rejected calls due to many concurrent calls according to our SIP Provider even though we have a session limit of 200 so I'm not sure why we are having more concurrent calls
aynema

Return to Installation