Exporting Survey Failures

Moderator: areski

Exporting Survey Failures

Postby aynema » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:21 am

Hi I'm trying to export out a survey from one system to another & I've found a bug I beleive
Certain Characters in the campaigns cause it to fail with the following error.
Code: Select all
ERROR 2013-04-30 17:18:03,779 base 1064 140726448228096 Internal Server Error: /export_survey/6/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virtualenvs/newfies-dialer/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 115, in get_response
    response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virtualenvs/newfies-dialer/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py", line 25, in _wrapped_view
    return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virtualenvs/newfies-dialer/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py", line 25, in _wrapped_view
    return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/newfies/survey/views.py", line 1171, in export_survey
    section.id
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)

Also does it with u'\u2013' & u'\u201c' after removing the survey sections that contain these characters it exports fine though.
aynema

Re: Exporting Survey Failures

Postby areski » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks for reporting this error, it's a unicode issue we will provide a fix with the next release.
areski
Site Admin

Postby aynema » Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 am

Not a problem. Besides that issue we've got the system running well & will begin live testing today. I'm planning on monitoring the system performance to see resource usage.
aynema

Postby aynema » Thu May 02, 2013 7:41 am

I've actually since found out this effects more that just the exporting the surveys it's also effecting exporting of the survey results.

I think whenever the export function comes across the characters it is failing hence the failure to export out all the survey result data.

When I look into the 'newfies_dialer_db' & run 'SELECT * FROM survey_section;' Things like this show up in the results.
Code: Select all
Hi, Iâm from Clearfield Media and weâre

This is part of the question input'd by the end user and they seem to enter the character ’ instead of the character ' like my keyboard also as far as I can tell from them they are using the same keyboard locale that I'm using so I'm not sure what the go is.

Is there a patch patch that can be applied to fix the existing data in the database so that it can be exported and/or a patch to fix this version of newfies-dialer so the client can continue on as per normal.
Presently I've got them working around the issue by not using any characters just the A-z ones.

Besides this they are quite happy with the software.

Thanks
aynema

Postby areski » Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 am

Hi,

Yes this bug affected many part, we were actually more concern about the survey export result as this is quite a useful feature.
We released yesterday version 2.3 which brings few fixes for this in addition to other fixes.

I will advice you to reinstall and keep us updated.
areski
Site Admin

Postby aynema » Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 am

How can I upgrade the existing install to the newer version?
aynema

Return to Installation